Sports & Recreation
A physically active nation is a healthy nation. The foundation is keen to contribute to the general health of the society and sports and recreation are a major way to achieve this. The support will come in the form of contributing to the:
- Development and support of indigenous recreation activities especially among marginal groups such as the physically challenged, youth, the elderly and African women.
- Sponsorship grants to promising talent in all sports disciplines.
- Supporting the organizing of tournaments and sporting festivals on a regular basis across the various disciplines (e.g. boxing, dance, cricket, soccer, rugby, badminton, karate, hokey).
- Facilitating skills exchange programs among sports professionals and community based organizations.
- Encouraging the introduction of new sporting genres in previously marginalized communities.